Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The great Supreme


The great Supreme

“Ascribe ye greatness unto our God.” Deuteronomy 32:3

Suggested Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:1-9

In Protestant countries there is a very strong tendency to priestcraft still. Though we do not bow down and worship images, and do not professedly put our souls into the hands of priests, yet, I am sorry to say it, there is scarce a congregation that is free from that error of ascribing greatness to their minister. 

If souls are converted, how very prone we are to think there is something marvellous in the man; and if saints are fed and satisfied with marrow and fatness, how prone we are to suppose that the preacher has something about him by which these wondrous things are done; and if a revival takes place in any part of the vineyard, it matters not in what denomination, there is an aptness in the human mind to ascribe some part of the glory and the praise to the mere human agency. 

Oh, beloved, I am sure that every right-minded minister will scorn the thought. We are but your servants for Christ’s sake. We speak to you, as God helps us, what we believe to be God’s truth; but ascribe not to us any honour or any glory. If a soul is saved, God from first to last has done it. 

If your souls are fed, thank the Master; be respectful and grateful to the servant as you will be, but most of all thank him who puts the word into the mouths of his servants, and who applies it to your heart. 

“Oh, down with priestcraft!” even I myself must down with it. “Down with it!” I cry. If I myself like Samson fall beneath its roof, let me fall myself and be crushed, well content in having pulled down or contributed to remove one solitary brick in that colossal house of Satan.

 Take care, friends, that you put no honour upon any man that you ought to have ascribed unto his Sovereign. “Ascribe ye greatness unto our God.”

For meditation: 

Why are you using these daily readings? We should thank God for Spurgeon, but many go too far and venerate Spurgeon himself. 
He reminds us that he too was a man (Acts 10:26) and that the glory belongs not to him but to his and our God (Psalm 115:1).

Sermon no. 367
28 September (1856)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ,
you can be accepted in to his kingdom.
 I invite you to let him to make of you
what He always wanted.

"PRAYER"
Marvelous God Almighty, 
I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, who died for me to make me free of sin,  
I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free.
I confess that He is the son of God.
I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word 
full of promises of eternal value, not only to live on this earth, but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
In the precious name of Jesus I ask.
Amen..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!

 Spanish 

"COPYRIGHT POLICY"

 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. 
If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details: 
1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
Some of the pictures from Flicker under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. Thank You and God Bless. 
Mightywarrior... 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥