Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2014

The duty of remembering the poor.


The duty of remembering the poor

“Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.”
 Galatians 2:10

Suggested Further Reading: James 2:1-17

If you do not help the one that you see has the greatest need, I am afraid the love of God dwelleth not in you. It is a duty we owe to the poor of the Lord’s flock, and we reap many advantages we should not have if we had not to remember the poor. 

Now, allow me to press home this obligation: why should we remember the poor? I shall not urge it upon the ground of common philanthropy and charity; that were a too mean and low way of addressing Christian men, although even they perhaps might be benefited by it.

 I shall urge it in another way. “Remember the poor,” because they are your Lord’s brethren. What! Do you not feel, like David, that you would do anything for Jonathan’s sake? And if he hath some poor sick son, some Mephibosheth, lame in his feet, wilt thou not seat him at thy table, or give him a maintenance, if thou canst, seeing that Jonathan’s blood is in his veins? Remember, beloved, the blood of Jesus runs in the veins of poor saints; they are his relatives, they are his friends; and if that move thee not, remember, they are thy friends too. 

They are thy brethren if thou art a child of God; they are allied to thee; if they are sons of God, so art thou, and they are brethren of thine. What! Let thy brother starve? If thou canst, wilt thou not relieve thy brother’s necessity, not shield him from the cold, not ward off hunger, not provide for his needs? Oh! I know thou lovest Jesus; I know thou lovest the friends of Jesus, and I know thou lovest thine own family; and, therefore, thou wilt love thy poor brethren, wilt thou not? I know thou wilt; thou wilt relieve them.

For meditation:

 Do you discriminate against some of your brothers and sisters in Christ?
 Your heavenly Father doesn’t (Galatians 3:28; Ephesians 6:9).

Sermon no. 99
24 September (Preached 25 September 1856)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ,
you can be accepted in to his kingdom.
 I invite you to let him to make of you
what He always wanted.

"PRAYER"
Marvelous God Almighty, 
I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, who died for me to make me free of sin,  
I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free.
I confess that He is the son of God.
I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word 
full of promises of eternal value, not only to live on this earth, but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
In the precious name of Jesus I ask.
Amen..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!

 Spanish 

"COPYRIGHT POLICY"

 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. 
If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details: 
1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
Some of the pictures from Flicker under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. Thank You and God Bless. 
Mightywarrior... 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥