Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Unimpeachable justice



Unimpeachable justice

“Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, 
and done this evil in thy sight: 
that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest,
 and be clear when thou judgest.” 
Psalm 51:4

Suggested Further Reading: 
1 Samuel 15:1-31

We have heard of men who have confessed their guilt, and afterwards tried to extenuate their crime, and show some reasons why they were not so guilty as apparently they would seem to be;
 but when the Christian confesses his guilt, 
you never hear a word of extenuation or apology from him. 

He says, “Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight:” 
and in saying this, he makes God just when he condemns him, and clear when he sentences him for ever. 

Have you ever made such a confession? 
Have you ever thus bowed yourselves before God? 
Or have you tried to palliate your guilt,
 and call your sins by little names, and speak of your crimes as if they were but light offences?
 If you have, then you have not felt the sentence of death in yourselves, and you are still waiting till the solemn death-knell shall toll the hour of your doom, 
and you shall be dragged out, amidst the universal hiss of the execration of the world, 
to be condemned for ever to flames which shall never know abatement. 

Again: after the Christian confesses his sin, 
he offers no promise that he will of himself behave better. 

Some, when they make confessions to God, say, 
“Lord, if thou forgive me I will not sin again;” but God’s penitents never say that. When they come before him they say, “Lord, once I promised, once I made resolves, but I dare not make them now, for they would be so soon broken,
 that they would increase my guilt; and my promises would be so soon violated, that they would sink my soul deeper in hell. 

I can only say, if thou wilt create in me a clean heart, 
I will be thankful for it, and will sing to thy praise for ever;
 but I cannot promise that I will live without sin, or work out a righteousness of my own. 

I dare not promise, my Father, that I shall never go astray again.”

For meditation:

 Does your confession of sin to God include the excuses of a King Saul or the acquiescence of a King David, the man after God’s own heart 
(1 Samuel 13:14)?

Sermon no. 86
16 June (Preached 15 June 1856)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
 If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ, 
you can be accepted into his kingdom. 
 I invite you to let him to make of you what He always wanted. 

"PRAYER" 
Marvelous God Almighty, 
 I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, 
who died for me to make me free of sin, 
 I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free.
 I confess that He is the son of God.
 I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word full of promises of eternal value,
 not only to live on this earth, 
but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
 In the precious name of Jesus I ask. 
Amen..
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
 not in its fashion and manner, 
but in the truth which it contains.” 
.... Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon~ 

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God,
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way .. 


My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!

English


 Spanish


 COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
 This resource was produced before 1923
and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 Charles Spurgeon, 
 "THE PRINCE OF PREACHERS"

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website.
 If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, 
we'll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details: 
 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website.
Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
 Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, 
our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
Thank You and God Bless. 

 Blog created July 12/2013 

Mighty Warrior...