Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Prayer—the forerunner of mercy



Prayer—the forerunner of mercy

“Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.” 
Ezekiel 36:37

Suggested Further Reading: 
1 Samuel 22:9-23:5

First, I enquire what the promise is. 
I turn to my Bible, and I seek to find the promise whereby the thing which I desire to seek is certified to me as being a thing which God is willing to give. 

Having enquired so far as that, I take that promise, and on my bended knees I enquire of God whether he will fulfil his own promise. I take to him his own word of covenant, and I say to him, “O Lord, wilt thou not fulfil it, and wilt thou not fulfil it now?” So that there, again, prayer is enquiry.

 After prayer I look out for the answer; I expect to be heard; and if I am not answered I pray again, and my repeated prayers are but fresh enquiries. 

I expect the blessing to arrive; I go and enquire whether there is any tidings of its coming. I ask; and thus I say, “Wilt thou answer me, O Lord? Wilt thou keep thy promise. 

Or wilt thou shut up thine ear, because I misunderstand my own wants and mistake thy promise?” Brethren, we must use enquiry in prayer, and regard prayer as being, first, an enquiry for the promise, and then on the strength of that promise an enquiry for the fulfilment.

 We expect something to come as a present from a friend: we first have the note, whereby we are informed it is upon the road. We enquire as to what the present is by the reading of the note; and then, if it arrive not, we call at the accustomed place where the parcel ought to have been left, and we ask or enquire for such and such a thing.

 We have enquired about the promise, and then we go and enquire again, until we get an answer that the promised gift has arrived and is ours. 
So with prayer.

For meditation: 

Asking comes in two shapes—questions and requests. 
God is able to give us all the answers we need (Luke 11:9,10).

Sermon no. 138
28 June (1857)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
 If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ, 
you can be accepted into his kingdom. 
 I invite you to let him to make of you what He always wanted. 

"PRAYER" 
Marvelous God Almighty, 
 I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, 
who died for me to make me free of sin, 
 I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free.
 I confess that He is the son of God.
 I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word full of promises of eternal value,
 not only to live on this earth, 
but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
 In the precious name of Jesus I ask. 
Amen..
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
 not in its fashion and manner, 
but in the truth which it contains.” 
.... Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon~ 

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God,
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way .. 


My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!

English

 Spanish


 COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
 This resource was produced before 1923
and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 Charles Spurgeon, 
 "THE PRINCE OF PREACHERS"

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website.
 If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, 
we'll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details: 
 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website.
Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
 Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, 
our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
Thank You and God Bless. 

 Blog created July 12/2013 

MIGHTY WARRIOR...