Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 25, 2015

The God of the aged



The God of the aged

“Even to your old age I am he; 
and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: 
I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, 
and will deliver you.” 
Isaiah 46:4

Suggested Further Reading: 
Psalm 71:1-18

Middle aged man! Listen to what David says, again, 
“I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” 

Go on, then, unsheath your sword once more. 
“The battle is the Lord’s;”
 leave your declining years to him, 
and give your present years to him. 

Live to him now, 
and he will never cast you away when you are old. 
Do not lay up for old age and keep back from the cause of God; but rather trust God for the future. 

Be “diligent in business;” 
but take care you do not hurt your spirit,
 by being too diligent, by being grasping and selfish. 
Remember you will
“Want but little here below, Nor want that little long.”

And lastly, my dear venerable fathers in the faith, and mothers in Israel, 
take these words for your joy. 
Do not let the young people catch you indulging in melancholy, 
sitting in your chimney corner, grumbling and growling, 
but go about cheerful and happy, 
and they will think how blessed it is to be a Christian. 

If you are surly and fretful, they will think the Lord has forsaken you; 
but keep a smiling countenance, 
and they will think the promise is fulfilled. 

“And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will 
I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; 
even I will carry, and will deliver you.”

 Do, I beseech you, my venerable friends, try to be of a happy temperament and cheerful spirit, for a child will run away from a surly old man; but there is not a child in the world who does not love his grandfather if he is cheerful and happy.

 You can lead us to heaven if you have got heaven’s sunlight on your face.

For meditation: 

Elderly believers—the Bible tells us about their testimony (Psalm 92:14,15; Proverbs 16:31), 
their teaching (Titus 2:2,3) and their treatment 
(1 Timothy 5:1,2).
note: 
This sermon was substantially repeated at Stambourne, 
Essex, two days later on the commemoration of the jubilee of Spurgeon’s grandfather, Rev James Spurgeon.

Sermon nos. 81-82
25 May (1856)
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ,

you can be accepted in to his kingdom. 

 I invite you to let him to make of you what 


He always wanted. 
"PRAYER" 

Marvelous God Almighty, 
I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, 
who died for me to make me free of sin, 
 I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free. 
I confess that He is the son of God. 
I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word full of promises of eternal value, not only to live on this earth, but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
 In the precious name of Jesus I ask. 
Amen.. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
 not in its fashion and manner,
 but in the truth which it contains.” 
.... Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
 Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, 
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..


My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!
English
 Spanish 

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
 This resource was produced before 1923 
and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 Charles Spurgeon, 
 "THE PRINCE OF PREACHERS"

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. 
If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work,
 please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details:
 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
 Some of the pictures from Flicker under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage...
 Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, 
our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel.
 Thank You and God Bless.
 Blog created July 12/2013
 Mightywarrior..