Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Elijah’s appeal to the undecided



Elijah’s appeal to the undecided

“How long halt ye between two opinions? 
If the Lord be God, follow him: if Baal, then follow him.”
 1 Kings 18:21

Suggested Further Reading:
 John 13:12-19

I insist that it is your bounden duty,
 if you believe in God, 
simply because he is God,
 to serve him and obey him. 

I do not tell you it is for your advantage—it may be, 
I believe it is—but that I put aside from the question; 
I demand of you that you follow God,
 if you believe him to be God. 

If you do not think he is God; 
if you really think that the devil is God, 
then follow him; his pretended godhead shall be your plea, 
and you shall be consistent; 
but if God be God, 
if he made you, I demand that you serve him; 
if it is he who puts the breath into your nostrils,
 I demand that you obey him. 

If God be really worthy of worship, 
and you really think so, 
I demand that you either follow him, 
or else deny that he is God at all. 

Now, professor, 
if thou sayest that Christ’s gospel is the only gospel, 
if thou believest in the divinity of the gospel, 
and puttest thy trust in Christ, 
I demand of thee to follow out the gospel, 
not merely because it will be to thy advantage, 
but because the gospel is divine. 

If thou makest a profession of being a child of God,
 if thou art a believer, 
and thinkest and believest religion is the best,
 the service of God most desirable,
 I do not come to plead with thee because of any advantage thou wouldst get by being holy; 
it is on this ground that I put it, 
that the Lord is God; 
and if he be God, 
it is thy business to serve him. 

If his gospel be true, and thou believest it to be true, 
it is thy duty to carry it out.

For meditation:

 Four things God will not accept—
hypocrisy (Luke 6:46), 
half-heartedness (Luke 9:59-62), 
double-mindedness  (James 1:6-8) 
and lukewarmness (Revelation 3:15,16).

Sermon no. 134
31 May (1857)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ,

you can be accepted in to his kingdom. 

 I invite you to let him to make of you what 


He always wanted. 
"PRAYER" 

Marvelous God Almighty, 
I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, 
who died for me to make me free of sin, 
 I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free. 
I confess that He is the son of God. 
I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word full of promises of eternal value, not only to live on this earth, but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
 In the precious name of Jesus I ask. 
Amen.. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
 not in its fashion and manner,
 but in the truth which it contains.” 
.... Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
 Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, 
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..


My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!
English
 Spanish 

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
 This resource was produced before 1923 
and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 Charles Spurgeon, 
 "THE PRINCE OF PREACHERS"

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. 
If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work,
 please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details:
 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
 Some of the pictures from Flicker under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage...
 Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, 
our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel.
 Thank You and God Bless.
 Blog created July 12/2013
 Mightywarrior..