Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Comforter

GUATEMALA

The Comforter

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,
 whom the Father will send in my name, 
he shall teach you all things, 
and bring all things to your remembrance, 
whatsoever I have said unto you.”
 John 14:26

Suggested Further Reading: 
1 Peter 1:10-12, 22-25

I have heard many fanatical persons say that the Holy Spirit revealed this and that to them. 
Now that is very generally revealed nonsense. 

The Holy Spirit does not reveal anything fresh now. 
He brings old things to our remembrance. 
“He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.” 

The canon of revelation is closed; there is no more to be added. 
God does not give a fresh revelation, but he rivets the old one. 
When it has been forgotten, and laid in the dusty chamber of our memory, 
he brings it out and cleans the picture, 
but does not paint a new one. 

There are no new doctrines, but the old ones are often revived. 
It is not, I say, by any new revelation that the Spirit comforts. 

He does so by telling us old things over again; he brings a fresh lamp to manifest the treasures hidden in Scripture; he unlocks the strong chests in which the truth has long lain, and he points to secret chambers filled with untold riches; but he creates no more, for enough is done. 

Believer! There is enough in the Bible for thee to live upon for ever.
 If thou shouldst outnumber the years of Methuselah, 
there would be no need for a fresh revelation; 
if thou shouldst live till Christ should come upon the earth, 
there would be no necessity for the addition of a single word;
 if thou shouldst go down as deep as Jonah, 
or even descend as David envisaged into the belly of hell, 
still there would be enough in the Bible to comfort thee without a supplementary sentence. 

But Christ says, “He shall take of mine and shall show it unto you.”

For meditation: 

The Spirit of truth who guides into all the truth (John 16:13) 
does not work independently of Jesus the truth (John 14:6), 
the only true God (John 17:3) and the word of truth
 (John 17:17). 
Otherwise “What is truth?” (John 18:38).

Sermon no. 5
17 October (Preached 21 January 1855)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 THE PURPOSE OF THESE PAGES
 is to share the precious word of God,
without acquiring any MONETARY REWARD. 
God gave me the salvation for FREE, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way .. 
I share with you the best of the word and the best photos,
some of my blogs I do it daily and others every other day,
I try to do the best, and for your knowledge 
I dedicate time and it is not a machine that repeats the entries,
I am your servant who makes them with the precious help of God,
and the writings of Charles Spurgeon.
I pray that the word inspire and bless You is my prayer to God. 
"NO ADVERTISEMENT AND COMMERCIAL ADS."
Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime 
and infallible Word of God.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR BLESSINGS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 If you are NOT a believer in Jesus Christ, 
you can be accepted into his kingdom. 
 I invite you to let him to make of you what He always wanted. 

"PRAYER" 
Marvelous God Almighty, 
 I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, 
who died for me to make me free of sin, 
 I want Jesus to enter into my heart and make me free.
 I confess that He is the son of God.
 I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand
 your Holy Word full of promises of eternal value,
 not only to live on this earth, 
but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
 In the precious name of Jesus I ask. 
Amen..

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
 not in its fashion and manner, 
but in the truth which it contains.” 
.... Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon~ 

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 


My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!

English

 Spanish


 COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
 This resource was produced before 1923
and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 Charles Spurgeon, 
 "THE PRINCE OF PREACHERS"

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website.
 If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, 
we'll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details: 
 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website.
Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
 Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, 
our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
Thank You and God Bless. 
 Blog created July 12/2013 

MIGHTY WARRIOR...