Blessings come to those who read and proclaim these words aloud; blessings come to those who listen closely and put the prophetic words recorded here into practice. The finale is approaching.---Revelation 1:3 The Voice (VOICE)

Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Waiting only upon God



Waiting only upon God

“My soul, wait thou only upon God.”
 Psalm 62:5

Suggested Further Reading: 
Proverbs 3:1-8

We must mark God’s providence leading us; and then let us go. But he that goes before providence will be very glad to run back again. 

Take your trouble, whatever it is, to the throne of the most High and on your knees put up the prayer, “Lord, direct me.” You will not go wrong. 
But do not do as some do. 

Many a person comes to me and says, “I want your advice, sir; as my minister, perhaps you could tell me what I ought to do.” Sometimes it is about their getting married.

 Why, they have made up their minds before they ask me, they know that; and then they come to ask my advice. 
“Do you think that such and such a thing would be prudent, sir? Do you think I should change my position in life?” And so on. 

Now, first of all, I like to know, “Have you made your mind up?” In most cases they have—and I fear you serve God the same. We make up our mind what we are going to do, and then we go down on our knees, and say, “Lord, show me what I ought to do;” and then we follow out our intention and say, “I asked God’s direction.”

 My dear friend, you did ask it, but you did not follow it; you followed your own. You liked God’s direction so long as it pointed the way you wish to go; but if God’s direction led the contrary to what you considered your own interest, it might have been a very long while before you had carried it out. 

But if we in truth seek God’s guidance for us, we shall not go wrong, I know.

For meditation: 

We sometimes get it into our heads that God should do whatever we want, rather than the opposite. 
If we call him our Master, we should seek to play the part of his followers (Mark 10:35-40).

Sermon no. 144
2 August (1857)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
 If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ, 
you can be accepted into his kingdom. 
 I invite you to let him to make of you what He always wanted. 

"PRAYER" 
Marvelous God Almighty, 
 I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, 
who died for me to make me free of sin, 
 I want Jesus to enter in to my heart and make me free.
 I confess that He is the son of God.
 I ask to change my heart and to give me wisdom to understand your Holy Word full of promises of eternal value,
 not only to live on this earth, 
but to be expectant of my life in heaven.
 In the precious name of Jesus I ask. 
Amen..
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
 not in its fashion and manner, 
but in the truth which it contains.” 
.... Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon~ 

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God,
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way .. 


My other Blogs Please enjoy !!!

English

http://mightywarrior-mightywarrior.blogspot.com/
http://jesusmightywarrior.blogspot.com/ 
http://elshaddaitheallsufficientone.blogspot.com/
http://ambassadorforjesus.blogspot.com/ 
http://powerofthehighest.blogspot.com/

 Spanish

http://poderosoguerrerodejesus.blogspot.com/

 COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
 This resource was produced before 1923
and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain". 
 Charles Spurgeon, 
 "THE PRINCE OF PREACHERS"

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website.
 If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, 
we'll be happy to verify and remove such content. 
Please do provide us the following details: 
 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website.
Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
 Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory, 
our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
Thank You and God Bless. 

 Blog created July 12/2013 

MIGHTY WARRIOR...